Website St. John's Community Services
Job Summary: Performs administrative and supervisory tasks as designated by the program director; monitors and evaluates all aspects of program operations to ensure quality of service for all involved participants; provides support to the Day Team Leaders in overseeing the day-to-day operations related to the Community Participation program; performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Monitor and evaluate all aspects of program operations to ensure quality of service for all involved participants;
- Provide support to the Day Team Leaders in overseeing the day-to-day operations related to the Community Participation Program;
- Serve as liaison with community providers, case managers, group homes, parents and interdepartmental services to facilitate the coordination of services to the participants as requested, as well as increase and improve participant involvement;
- Ensure adherence to Medicaid licensure and contract specifications;
- Develop ISP, monthly and quarterly reports;
- Prepare and review relevant documents and reports;
- Conduct site visits; oversee site development;
- Oversee vehicle maintenance and repair;
- Oversee program expenses, to include but not limited to vehicle maintenance, building maintenance and program supplies;
- Monitor and maintain staff schedules and timesheets; coordinate staff training events;
- Interview, train and evaluate staff;
- Ensure staff compliance with all acceptable program practices and procedures;
- Participate in the development of annual program goals and objectives;
- Troubleshoot and/or resolve any issues or areas of concern that arise when dealing with the community;
- Attend and participate in all relevant agency events, workshops, training and meetings;
- Provide coverage when there is a staffing need;
- Perform administrative and supervisory tasks as designated by the Program Director; and
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to gain thorough knowledge of St. John’s Community Services policies and procedures;
- Ability to act as a representative of St. John’s Community Services to the public;
- Thorough knowledge of program practices and procedures;
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with associates, subordinates, representatives from other agencies, and the general public
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds;
- Ability to effectively supervise, train, evaluate and communicate with program staff;
- Ability to research, prepare, review and maintain reports and documents;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Ability to use sound judgment when making decisions;
- Ability to pass a criminal background check; and
- Skilled in the operation of relevant computer systems, including hardware and software, and office machines.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in psychology, social work, rehabilitation or related field;
- Two or more years experience working in a residential or employment setting with persons with developmental or functional disabilities;
- Prefer experience in the supervision of direct-care staff;
- Valid health certificate to meet requirements for the jurisdiction(s) in which the incumbent works;
- Valid local drivers license with good driving record;
- Or equivalent technical training, education, and/or experience.
- Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work requires no unusual demand for physical effort.
Work environment involves risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions e.g. safely operating a motor vehicle, exposure to aggressive human behavior.